For as long as I can remember, I have always found comfort in my solitude. Maybe because I am an only child or maybe because I am shy. Whichever one it is, the peace that comes with being alone is something I have always cherished. Don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy spending time with my loved ones and people that matter to me, however, time spent alone is very crucial to me. It is easy to confuse solitude with one not having any friends, but, I do have a reasonable number of friends.
Before I digress, this post is simply about the weird things I do when I am alone. Unique things I do when I am alone. In no order, here they are:
- Daydream about my lineage – My surname is Adeyi. When alone, I sometimes think of who the first Adeyi was. What he was like, what he did, how he got the name, and so on. I wonder how the name came about since we are children of Abraham and last time I checked, Isaac did not name any of his children Adeyi.
- Alternate Universe – I will blame this on watching too many sci-fi. I wonder what my alternate is doing in their alternate universe. What are the similarities we have; does he feel the pain I feel and is there some sort of portal for us to connect? I also wonder if he is anything like me. I mean, it will be nice to know.
- Is Life a Dream? – I also imagine what if I woke up from this giant dream to find out I was in JSS3. Oh the horror! It means I’d have to go through some stuff again. Meet some people again and so on. But then, it will be nice, I’ll know what pitfalls to avoid.
- Read up on conspiracy theories – Every now and then, I enjoy the unbelievable tales of an occasion or the sequence of isolated events that led to a bigger event. These conspiracies theories though unrealistic at times, open your minds to different possibilities that abounds in the world around you. It also lets you have a fresh perspective to events.
- This one is a bit unnatural and I contemplated putting it, but, what the hell. For those who follow me on social media (read Twitter), I am fascinated with boobs (read big boobs). I always imagine what it’ll be like to have boobs. To be able to grab and hold them whenever I feel like and not having to wait on someone … LOL! Yeah, I know with big tasks comes big responsibilities, I still would not mind.
- On a final note, when I am alone, I scream at the top of my voice for no reason. It is therapeutic and I recommend for everyone to try it. It helps release the anger and tension you are harbouring. Try it today.
What are the weird things you do when you are alone? Share with me in the comment section.